conduithq.com (“Site”) and/or using Conduit Analytics Inc.’s (“Company" or “we” or “our” or “us”) service available via such website and/or our mobile application (the “App”) that, as further described in Section 1 below, allows users (each, a “User”) to optimize personal connections and business relationships; as well as consolidate and process data from third party services (such service collectively with the Site, the App and any other related services the Company offers from time to time, the “Service”). These Terms of Service (“Agreement”) govern your browsing, viewing and other use of the Service. If you are viewing this on your mobile device, you can also view this Agreement via a web browser at conduithq.com/legal/terms.
Thanks for using Conduit!
BEFORE USING THE SERVICE, PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING ON “ACCEPT” AND/OR BY CREATING AN ACCOUNT ON THE SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING: (A) THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 16 UNDER WHICH YOU AGREE TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN CLAIMS INSTEAD OF GOING TO COURT AND AGREE NOT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS CLAIMS; AND (B) THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 9, WHICH SPECIFY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES FOR CERTAIN PAID ACCOUNT TYPES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN PLEASE DO NOT CLICK “ACCEPT,” IN WHICH CASE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE SERVICE.
By making an account, you're agreeing to everything in our Terms of Service.
In particular, (a) if you sign up for a paid account, you agree to pay for it; and (b) as is increasingly common, you agree to arbitration for legal disputes. More on this below.
IF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT IS DOING SO ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, SUCH INDIVIDUAL REPRESENTS THAT HE OR SHE HAS THE REQUISITE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH SUCH ENTITY’S ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH COMPANY IS LIMITED TO BEING A SERVICE USER, AND NOT AN EMPLOYEE, AGENT, JOINT VENTURER OR PARTNER OF COMPANY FOR ANY REASON, AND YOU ACT EXCLUSIVELY ON YOUR OWN BEHALF AND FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, AND NOT ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF COMPANY.
On behalf of a company
If you're making an account on behalf of a company, then everyone on the company account— not just you— is bound to this agreement too.
Note for Children. The Services are not for persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use the Services. By clicking the "I Agree" button or by otherwise using or registering an account for the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
Minimum age of 18
You have to be 18 to use Conduit.
1. How it Works. The Service allows Users to connect certain Third-Party Services (as defined in Section 7 below) to their Service account. The Service then consolidates connection and relationship data to provide the User with centralized information and insights about those connections, with the ability to access certain functionality via such Third-Party Services. In connection with your use of the Service, certain fees may be due to the Company in accordance with Section 9.
How it works
Conduit works with other data sources to consolidate, understand, and give you insight through your Personal Graph. We have to work with other services to make that possible.
2. License to Use the App. If you have downloaded the App, then, subject to your compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Company grants you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to install and use the App on a compatible mobile device that you own or control for your personal, non-commercial purposes, in each case in the manner enabled by the Company. If you are using the App on an Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) iOS device or if you downloaded the App on an Android device via the Google Play Store from Google, Inc. (“Google”), the foregoing license is further limited to use permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in Apple’s App Store Terms of Service, or the applicable Google terms and conditions, respectively (collectively, the “App Store Terms”). Any use of the App other than for use in compliance with applicable App Store Terms is strictly prohibited.
Using our mobile apps
If you use our apps, you're also agreeing to any app store legal policies.
3. Sharing; Publishing.
3.1. The Service may provide certain functionality where you can share selected information from within your account (either aggregated from Third-Party Services and/or inputted by you) (“Your Content”) with other users, such as via a private URL. You acknowledge that the Company provides such functionality for your benefit but cannot guarantee that Your Content will not be intercepted or otherwise used not in accordance with your wishes. You acknowledge this risk and agree that the Company shall have no liability with respect to your sharing of Your Content, unless the liability arises due to Company’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
You can choose to share certain information from your account with others— for example, from a private URL. There is always some risk of interception on the open Internet. We don't share anything by default.
You own your data
You own your data, full stop. You give us permission only so that we can provide and service your Conduit account. (There are some limited exceptions where we must work with legal authorities, etc.)
3.3. You understand that Your Content is provided to you through the Service only on an “as-available” basis and the Company does not guarantee that the availability of Your Content will be uninterrupted or bug free. You agree you are responsible for all of Your Content and all activities that occur under your User account.
No availability guarantee
We can't guarantee perfect availability (although we do have a strong track record).
3.4. In connection with Your Content, you agree that you will not: (i) use material that is subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the Company all of the license rights granted herein; or (ii) use material that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, obscene, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate.
Keep it clean
You can't use Conduit for anything you don't have permission to use. You also can't have inappropriate, adult, or illegal content.
3.5. You hereby acknowledge that you may be exposed to content from other Users that is inaccurate, offensive, obscene, indecent, or objectionable when using the Service, and further acknowledge that the Company does not have any obligation to control the content shared by other Users and does not have any obligation to monitor such content for any purpose.
No responsibility for others' content
If you do access content from others (e.g. from a sharing feature), know that Conduit doesn't take responsibility for that content.
4. Representations and Warranties. You represent, warrant and covenant that, in connection with this Agreement or the Service, you will not and will not attempt to: (i) violate any laws, third party rights or our other policies; (ii) re-join or attempt to use the Service if the Company has banned or suspended you; (iii) defraud the Company or another user; or (vi) use another User’s account or allow another person to use your User account. Any illegal activities undertaken in connection with the Service may be referred to the authorities.
Don't break the law
You can't use Conduit to break the law.
5. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. As between you and the Company, the Company owns all worldwide right, title and interest, including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights, in and to the Service, all content available in connection therewith (other than Your Content) and all usage and other data generated or collected in connection with the use thereof (the “Company Materials”). Except for as expressly set forth herein, you agree not to license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make any unauthorized use of the Company Materials. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, algorithm or programs underlying the Company Materials. The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service or any version(s) thereof at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
We own our platform
Although you own your data, we own our platform. You can't distribute it or try to reverse engineer it.
6. Third Party Sites. The Service may include links that allow you to access web sites or other online services that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible and shall have no liability for the content of such third-party sites and services, products or services made available through them, or your use of or interaction with them.
Links to other services
We're not responsible for other sites and services.
7. Third-Party Services. The Service includes features and/or functionality that interoperate with online services operated by third parties (such services, “Third-Party Services”), pursuant to agreements between Company and the operators of such Third-Party Services (such agreements, “Third-Party Agreements” and such operators, “Operators”) or through application programming interfaces or other means of interoperability made generally available by the Operators (“Third-Party APIs”) which Company does not control. Third-Party Agreements and Third-Party APIs (and the policies, terms and rules applicable to Third-Party APIs) may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time. Company shall have no liability with respect to any such modification, suspension or termination. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Service in connection with any Third-Party Service complies with all agreements, policies, terms and rules applicable to such Third-Party Service.
Connecting to other services
Conduit can connect to other services— for example, to import data. We can't guarantee that this kind of functionality will always work, or work the same way.
You may also be responsible for legal agreements with those services. That's between you and them.
8. Mobile Services. Use of the Service may require usage of data services provided by your wireless service carrier. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for data usage fees and any other fees that your wireless service carrier may charge in connection with your use of the Service.
If you use Conduit on your phone, it might use data. That's between you and your phone company.
FOR ANY PAID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE ACCOUNT TYPE, YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED IN (AND CHARGED FOR) THE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN YOU SELECTED FOLLOWING THE END OF ANY APPLICABLE FREE TRIAL PERIOD. YOU MUST CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR FREE TRIAL IN THE MANNER SPECIFIED BELOW TO AVOID BEING CHARGED.
Subscription after free trial
If you have a free trial and don't cancel it, we'll assume you want Conduit (yay) and charge you.
YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AT ANY TIME THROUGH OUR SERVICE OR BY CONTACTING US AT firstname.lastname@example.org. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, YOU MAY STILL USE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION UNTIL THE END OF YOUR THEN-CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION MONTH. TO NOT BE CHARGED FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE FOLLOWING SUBSCRIPTION MONTH, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AT LEAST THIRTY (30) DAYS PRIOR TO THAT MONTH, OR YOU WILL OTHERWISE BE CHARGED FOR THAT MONTH’S SUBSCRIPTION. ALL CANCELLATION REQUESTS RECEIVED LESS THAN THIRTY (30) DAYS BEFORE THE FOLLOWING SUBSCRIPTION MONTH WILL APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING CYCLE.
Cancelling your subscription
Cancel your subscription through your account or by emailing us. We'll keep it active through the time for which you've already paid.
10. Prohibited Uses. As a condition of your use of the Service, you will not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. You may not use the Service in any manner that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, impair or interfere with any other party’s use of it. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Service. You agree not to scrape or otherwise use automated means to access or gather information from the Service, and agree not to bypass any robot exclusion measures we may put into place. In addition, you agree not to use false or misleading information in connection with your User account, and acknowledge that we reserve the right to disable any User account with a profile which we believe (in our sole discretion) is false or misleading (including a profile that impersonates a third party).
No hacking or scraping
There are some things you just can't do— including breaking or hacking us. You also cannot scrape or automate access to Conduit or any of our services.
11. Additional Terms. When you use certain features or materials on the Service, or participate in a particular promotion, event or contest through the Service, such use or participation may be subject to additional terms and conditions posted on the Service. Such additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated within this Agreement, and you agree to comply with such additional terms and conditions with respect to such use or participation.
More features and events
For specific features or events, we might have additional legal terms that, if you use or participate, you are also bound to.
12. Termination. You may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason or for no reason, by deleting your Service account through the Service or by contacting us at email@example.com. You agree that the Company, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate this Agreement, your account or your use of the Service, at any time and without notice. The Company may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination. Sections 3 (with respect to Users’ obligations therein), 4 through 8, 9 (with respect to accrued payment obligations) and 10 through 18 will survive any termination of this Agreement.
Deleting your account
Delete your account online or by emailing us. If we need to, we can also delete your account and end our relationship (it's not you, it's us).
13. Disclaimers; No Warranties. THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE AVAILABLE THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY THEREOF ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
No warranty or liability
Things will not be perfect and it's possible errors and mistakes may be made.
While we try our best to avoid these things, we provide Conduit without any warranty or guarantee. Sections #13, #14, and #15 limit your ability to hold us liable or to sue us.
14. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its affiliated companies, and each of their officers, directors and employees, harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, (any of the foregoing, a “Claim”) arising out of or relating to your use or misuse of the Service, breach of this Agreement or infringement, misappropriation or violation of the intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity, provided that the foregoing does not obligate you to the extent the Claim arises out of the Company’s willful misconduct or gross negligence. The Company reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
15. Limitation of Liability and Damages. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING YOUR USE THEREOF, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE COMPANY, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR A COMPANY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN WHICH CASE THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
16.1. Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section 16 is referred to herein as the “Arbitration Agreement.” The parties agree that any and all controversies, claims, or disputes between you and Company arising out of, relating to, or resulting from this Agreement, shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Arbitration Agreement, and not any court action (other than a small claims court action to the extent the claim qualifies and other than claims for injunctive or other equitable relief). The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
You agree to arbitrate
Arbitration is a simpler and cheaper way to solve legal disputes. (It's also, admittedly, a bit controversial.) We encourage you to read about your rights and the process if a dispute does arise. Like most online service companies nowadays, Conduit requires you to arbitrate.
16.2. Class Action Waiver. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH PARTY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH PARTIES AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
No class action
You also agree to waive your right to class actions.
16.3. Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association's ("AAA") rules and procedures (the "AAA Rules"), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between the AAA Rules and this Arbitration Agreement, the terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of this Agreement as a court would, including without limitation, the limitation of liability provisions in Section 15. You may visit adr.org for information on the AAA and adr.org/FileOnline for information on how to file a claim against the Company.
16.4. Venue. The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, you or Company may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on each party, but subject to the arbitrator's discretion to require an in-person hearing if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at any in-person hearing may be made by telephone by either or both parties unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
16.5. Governing Law. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Service users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving you to the extent required by applicable law.
16.6. Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the "Arbitration Fees") will be governed by the AAA's Rules. Each party will be responsible for all other fees it incurs in connection with the arbitration, including without limitation, all attorney fees.
16.7. Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
16.8. Severability. If a court decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 16.2 is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 16.2 is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of this Agreement will continue to apply.
17. Miscellaneous. The Company may make modifications, deletions and/or additions to this Agreement (“Changes”) at any time. Changes will be effective: (i) thirty (30) days after the Company provides notice of the Changes, whether such notice is provided through the Service user interface, is sent to the e-mail address associated with your account or otherwise; or (ii) when you opt-in or otherwise expressly agree to the Changes or a version of this Agreement incorporating the Changes, whichever comes first. Under this Agreement, you consent to receive communications from the Company electronically. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Service that is not subject to arbitration under Section 16 shall be filed only in the state or federal courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (or a small claims court of competent jurisdiction) and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may petition any court of competent jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief. The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. A waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by the Company without restriction. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in a writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to this Agreement made by the Company as set forth herein.
Changes to these terms
If we change these terms, they'll take effect for you when you agree or after 30 days, whichever is first.
We can communicate with you electronically.
The Bay State
We follow the laws of Massachusetts. Legal proceedings that aren't arbitrated are under the jurisdiction of Massachusetts.
18. More Information; Complaints. The services hereunder are offered by Conduit Analytics Inc., email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: (857) 496-5515, address: 6 Liberty Square #250, Boston, MA 02109. If you are a California resident, we are required to inform you that you may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs via mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired users can reach the Complaint Assistance Unit at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.