Last updated October 23, 2017.
We care about your privacy
This policy talks about how we treat privacy very seriously— and how we use information you provide to us. If you use Conduit, you agree to this policy.
See also our Terms of Service
, which you also agree to by using Conduit.
1. Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Service. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Service account and/or through the Service the next time you sign in. We will treat your continued use of the Service following such notice as your acceptance of the changes.
Updates to this policyIf we update this policy, we'll send you an email or let you know through your account. If you continue to use Conduit, you'd be agreeing to the changes.
2. Third Parties. The Service may contain, and we may send to registered users, links to third-party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request that such third parties provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
Links and access to third partiesYou can integrate third-party services with Conduit. (For example, if you use our Gmail integration, Conduit will provide links back to your Gmail inbox.)
3. Collected Information.
Here's what information we collect:
Information You Submit. When you log-in to or create an account with the Service, we collect the information you provide in the applicable forms. This information includes personally identifiable information such as your name, e-mail address and password. Information you submit to the Service also includes content that you create and publish on the Service, which will include such personally identifiable information as you may choose to include. When we refer to “personally identifiable information” in this Policy, we mean information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Service.
We collect what you specifically give usConduit collects information you give to us directly— like your email address or name, or any information you add about your contacts.
We consider this personal and private.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Service, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Service and the content you submit and view. This also includes server log data such as the IP address or operating system, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service. As described below, we collect this information through a number of means, including server logs, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Service. But if we do so, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
We collect server logsSince Conduit is a software product, our servers automatically collect usage information— like your IP address and how often you're visiting the website.
We consider this personal and private.
Mobile Device IDs. We will create a unique identifier and associate it with your device and the information about you on our servers. We will use this identifier to recognize and remember your device and your preferences when you use the Service. If you enable push notifications, we will collect and use your device’s hard-coded unique identifier in order to be able to send your push notifications.
We “collect” an account IDYour account has an ID so we can do things like remember whether you're signed in or send you notifications.
We collect analytics informationLike most other websites, we also use third-party analytics services to help us run Conduit. We protect this information as discussed in this policy.
Third Party Account Information. We may allow you to link your Service account with your Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, or other service account. When you do this, the services will provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to such service (such as your emails, contacts, or calendars), and we will use, store and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which a service uses, stores and discloses your information is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the applicable service, and not the Company.
We collect info from services you connectConduit is most useful when you connect other accounts— like your email and calendar. If you do this, we'll collect that information so we can operate your account.
The way that those services protect and use your information is up to them, not us. (We protect your information once it's in our system.)
Online Tracking and Cookies. The Service may use web beacons, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms to collect information. "Beacons" (also often referred to as "pixels") are tiny graphics on a web page designed to track when a page is viewed. Beacons also can be inserted into emails in order to track certain information, including whether an email has been opened. "Cookies" are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are downloaded by your web browser or mobile device when you visit a website. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies when you access and use the Service. Cookies may be used, for example, to remember your user account information and your preferences, to customize the interface of the Service for you and to assist us in measuring and analyzing Service traffic. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your browser's documentation to learn the best way to remove cookies and to modify your cookie settings. You can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer's hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored. We partner with certain third parties to collect non-personally identifiable information. These third parties may use web logs, web beacons or other online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device. Means of opting out of this third-party data collection are discussed below in Section 8.
We use common tools to collect informationWe use standard tools— like browser cookies or rich-text emails— to collect some of the information we've described.
For example, cookies help us track whether or not you're signed in to your account (without them, you'd only get a login page!).
4. Use of Information.
Here's how we use what we collect:
We use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information, including, for example, to create and maintain a Service account for you or respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Service to you.
To provide Conduit, and for supportFor example, if you send us an email, we'd respond :)
- We may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Service.
To send you service-related emails
- We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
To customize your accountFor example, we would take into account the options you set to show you a custom dashboard.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Service in order to help us improve the Service.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our Terms of Service or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Service.
To improve ConduitFor example, we would look at if a feature is not being used to see if we can improve it. Or, we might find bugs and errors to fix them.
To let you know of changesFor example, if we change this policy, we'd let you know about it.
- We may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Service with other information that we collect about you in other contexts— such as our communications with you via e-mail, phone or postal mail. We will handle such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Through combined sourcesFor example, if we have an email forwarding (we don't) service, we'd connect it with your account to provide that feature. (This clause is included to help future-proof this policy.)
5. Disclosure of Information.
Here's when we might share your info:
We do not sell or distribute your information to third parties for their own purposes, in any form except as provided in this Section. We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
Conduit does not sell or distribute your information to third parties, except for the below reasons:
- Your information may be viewable by other Service users in accordance with the Service’s functionality, including in connection with you expressly authorizing other Service users to view certain of your information, including data obtained from sources described in this Policy, such as data from public sources and services you connect to the Service.
If you use a sharing featureFor example, if you use a sharable URL feature to send a special link.
- The Company uses contractors and third-party service providers to provide the Service to our users and help us understand the use of the Service. These contractors and third-party service providers may collect information sent through the Service for use on our behalf.
To provide ConduitSome third-party services help us provide Conduit— including data sources you connect. We limit the use of third parties as much as possible.
- We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on the Service to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with other aggregated and anonymized data obtained from third-party sources in order to generate such reports.
For anonymous analysis
For example, we might let Conduit stakeholders know how many users we have, or how often they use Conduit.
This kind of analysis is anonymized and aggregated. And we use techniques like differential privacy
to protect you.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights, safety or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
When we are required by the lawFor example, if the government serves us a valid search warrant. Conduit will fight information requests we believe are unreasonable or illegal.
6. Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your Service account and view or amend your user account information at any time. Please note that while changes to your account information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your Service account user information does not affect any other information collected by the Company, which the Company may retain and continue to use or disclose in accordance with this Policy.
Viewing and editing your informationYou can sign into Conduit anytime to view or edit your user account information.
7. Choices Regarding Promotional Content. To the extent we send you promotional e-mails, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Promotional emailsIf we were to send you emails about new features or other things not directly related to your account, you'd be able to opt out. And third parties don't have access to your information for marketing purposes.
8. Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
We work hard to keep data secureWe store your data in secure servers that even employees have limited access to. And we employ a variety of safeguards— including SSL, account verification, and more— to keep your data safe. Even so, no measure is perfect.
9. Transfer as Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving the Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
This policy continues to applyWe won't pull the rug out from underneath you— in the event of changes to Conduit's structure, we will continue to follow this policy.
10. Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. The Company is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
US-based data processing and storageWe process and store data in cloud facilities located in the United States. We'll store your data in the US even if you're located in another country.
11. Children Under 13. The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Service is intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Service and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to delete that Service account and any such personally identifiable information.
We don't collect information from childrenConduit is only available to legal adults. Even so, we must state explicitly that we do not collect information from children under 13.
If your child has secretly signed up for our professional networking tool (kids these days), we'll work to delete any information they might have provided.